- Siro Venta de Baños, S.A.
Centre for Industrial and Technological Development (CDTI) of the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry and Competitiveness and co-financed by the European Union (ERDF Funds) through the Operational Programme for Smart Growth (2014-2020).
Call for applications:
CDTI- Proyectos individuales de I+D
To produce a doughnut or similar industrial fried pastry product obtained entirely or partially through the use of superheated steam technology, a process that enables nutritional improvement of the product, among other things.
- To identify the critical product stages, the feasible operational conditions and a suitable experimental analytical methodology to successfully conduct the experimental trials.
- To obtain a superheated steam system capable of working evenly and in a manner that can be reproduced.
- To study the superheated steam frying process and its effect on final product quality.
- To identify the effect of the main operating variables and their relationship to the quality parameters of previously selected product (moisture, colour, texture, etc.).
- To study the interactions by operations prior and subsequent to frying with superheated steam technology.
- To validate the process at an industrial plant.
- To study the shelf life and organoleptic characteristics of the final product in comparison with actual products.