Physio-chemical characterisation of ingredients and product
Qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis: Food analysis laboratory. Specialists in interpreting the chemical composition of food.
- Laboratory specialised in the characterisation of flour and semolina.
Laboratory specialised in the characterisation of flour and semolina.
- Specific teams for the physio-chemical characterisation and rheological behaviour of flour and dough.
Staling and lipid oxidation
- Analysis of staling indicators in ingredients and product
- Comparative and predictive staling studies on food
- Objective measurement of texture parameters: hardness, cohesiveness, breakability, elasticity, etc.
- Development and updating of specific methods for each type of product.
Other specific analyses
- 3D volume and dimensions
- Crumb structure characterisation (open crumb)
- Development of specific analysis methods based on client needs
Industrial process characterisation
Characterisation and adjustment of thermal processes
- Fermentation chamber
- Refrigeration tunnels
- Drying chambers
Study and adjustment of baking profiles with specific equipment
Internal product temperature analysis during thermal processes
- Transport tests
- Cold chain breach
Comprehensive analysis and resolution of problems in the food industry
Scientific/technical cause analysis
- Critical point identification
- Proposal of solutions
From recipe and process to identifying the root cause and finding the best solution
With experience on regulatory and scientific projects for the food industry, our multidisciplinary team of food legislation-specialised professionals offers a legal outlook defined by the specific needs of our clients. Our global approach guarantees a comprehensive outlook on the issues of regulatory affairs, quality, R&D, sales and marketing.
We seek to ensure that the products made by our clients meet the legal food safety requirements of the countries where they are sold.
Legal requirements in the food sector are becoming more important every day. Knowing about legislative changes and staying up-to-date is of vital importance, as is guaranteeing that products meet the legal requirements of the countries where they are sold.
Our regulation and nutrition experts offer a range of customised services tailored to suit the needs of our clients in terms of food legislation, from product conformity assessment, database production and updates, legislative and food safety monitoring services, to the resolution of specific queries at any stage.
Advice on food legislation
Customised advice services on food safety tailored to suit the specific needs of each company through:
- Resolution of queries on food legislation
- Preparation of technical reports on food legislation
The areas in which we can offer legal advice include:
- Regulatory Framework governing a product category in a certain geographic region
- Food labelling legislation within and beyond the EU
- Claims about nutritional and healthy properties
- Requirements on raw materials, additives and other ingredients
- Legislation on pollutants and pesticides in food products
- Nutritional requirements of certain food categories
- Physio-chemical and microbiological requirements of certain food categories
- Advice on the legal obligations for receiving certain certifications
- Other relevant topics, tailored to the needs of each company
Product conformity reviews
We help ensure that the products made by our clients meet the legal requirements of the countries where they are sold, through:
- Review of product recipes based on the legal requirements of the countries where they are sold:
- Permitted raw materials, additives and ingredients
- Nutritional requirements (where applicable)
- Other relevant requirements
- Review of labelling based on the legal requirements of the countries where they are sold.
- Review of finished product specification files for adaptation to the legal requirements of the countries where they are sold.
Updates on the publication of legislation and news of interest in the food sector. Assessment and adaptation to the needs of each client.
- Legislative alerts: notifications on the publication of regulations relevant to the food sector
- News of interest: notifications on news related to food legislation. Monitoring of food sector news of interest.
- Monthly newsletter with relevant news about food legislation issues.
Support in terms of food legislation via customised and updated databases on the food categories of interest to our clients. We offer:
- Food legislation database. Preparation and updating of tools for consulting up-to-date food legislation applicable to various countries and products. Adaptation to the food categories of interest to our clients.
- Database of terminology subject to legislation. Preparation and updating of a tool containing the terms that affect labelling (ingredients, standard phrases, etc.) in the applicable languages for EU countries. Useful for multilingual labelling.
Review and regular issue of food safety alerts on raw materials and finished product that may affect the products of our clients, in certain geographic regions, such as: